Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Builds.

Happy Monday!

And for those of you that didn't wake to an alarm with school bags to pack today- happy first day of summer break!

I am just stopping in to give you a heads up on some of the big summertime building we have in the works. These aren't needle n' thread projects. No, no! These are power-tool, workshop kinds of projects.

Project One- Well, this one might not need a power tool, but it will need some elbow grease and the shop I think. This little command center, as I like to call it, just isn't working for me. I decided that it's the boring wipe-board and scattered papers and calendar. This was taken a few months back and it looks much worse now. I got a big piece of wood and some wipe-board paint so I can make a tasteful and more organized command center. Plus, I feel I can personalize it a little.

Project Two- The boys got something big as an end-of-school-year gift. It is a little motorbike kit! They are soooo excited about it. I have to be honest and let you know that this one is already complete. They worked non-stop building the thing and I watched (terrified) and listened to that little bike buzz around ALL weekend. Those boys amaze me with that learning curve of theirs. More on the "Motorbug" later. (Oh, me and my nicknames.)

Project Three-The big one. I drove home with an enormous weight in the back of the truck the other day. It was packed with lots of metal. Jeff and his Dad are building, in tandem, teardrop trailers! I have to say that I am pretty excited about it. Now we will have a comfy bed, a teeny functional kitchen and storage for camping. I don't really mind tenting it, but a cute little trailer is so much better, wouldn't you agree? Especially a handmade, custom-built-with-love trailer. We hope to take it on it's maiden voyage by summer's end. Don't know if that is possible-but we hope so. Thus far, one frame is close to completion.


I will keep you posted on these and the other mini-projects and goals we got going for this summer. The small ones are just as important. It sure feels good to be able to plan ahead (or, not plan at all) for a long stretch of time.

Any bigger than usual projects in the works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment