Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whereabouts-The Garden.

I am loving all of the garden tours and photos of planting that are popping up all over the place. I love the idea of gardening and I am always so inspired when I walk around my mother-in-law's beautiful yard. It is breathtaking. But it is always the case that somewhere during the 20 minute drive from her garden back home to mine, the inspiration is gone and all my plans of potting and digging are gone as well. Humph.

When I say "my" garden I mean my landlord's garden and that may have something to do with the lack of motivation. It isn't mine to go crazy with AND it is awfully pretty already, so it isn't like it's barren and in need of help. So even if I never get motivated, we have a very pretty yard.

Let me show you around... THE GARDEN.

Here is our first rose of the season! I pruned these bushes outside of our living room window when we moved in back in January. I did something right. Little buds all over, phew. Pretty!

These callas grow like wild-fire all over. We have them lining the sheep fence and a big bunch by our front door. (Some day I will work on my calla embroidery to finally fill the empty wall above our bed.)

And has anyone seen a lemon HEDGE before? Not me. I don't even know what to do with it. It needs to be power washed and pruned and picked or something. It is a big cob-webby, spidery mess but there are lots of little lemons on it. Could be nice.

And you can't talk about the garden without mentioning what shades it part of the day, the barn. Such a cool, sturdy, red barn. I will miss it most of all when it comes time to move on.

Well, there is so much more to see and I could go on and on but I won't. I think I will do some more tours on "Whereabouts-Wednesdays" though. Just a bit of what it is like for us out here. That could be nice too...

How are your gardens coming as Spring touches them?
You feeling inspired? Or not-so-much, as I am?
What's it gonna take to get us to pick up a shovel?

No comments:

Post a Comment