Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Little Idle.

Oh these poor projects sitting on the sidelines just waiting for some attention. I miss having the embroidery hoop in my lap and I just haven't been able to make the time lately to pick it up. I can't wait to work on those callas and see how they grow.

And that happy little quilt. It's my first go and quilting is so neat, for real. I made some time, very late last night to bind it. Now Happy the doll has her happy quilt. She is wrapped up tight and tucked in her little bed as I write this. I didn't bind it very professionally mostly because I realized some simple mistakes at a point where I didn't have the energy to rip stitches, even the smallest amount. I do like it though and Minna and her doll will never judge a wacky binding, I hope...


Well, as these projects and others have been sadly sitting idle I realized that I have been too in some ways. Stressful times can leave me, and anybody probably, feeling a little unorganized and unsure of where to put my efforts. I am finding it hard to prioritize outside of the important dailies like engaging and being present with my children, school, meals, the hard-working husband and hair-washing.

I started to think I may be able to gauge a bit of what is going on in my life by what state my creative projects are in. On the other hand, maybe I can recharge aspects of my real life by picking up my idle projects and kicking them into gear? You think? I am sensing that a bunch of calla lilies may need some immediate attention.

There is certainly a tie between feeling satisfied in your life and making time for creativity or any passion you have. I have read about this exact feeling and now know it is undoubtedly true.

I hope this post wasn't too much of a downer, just picture a teeny, beautifully-bald girl, hugging and kissing an orange haired doll wrapped in a quirky quilt.

That always makes me feel better:)

Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, definitely true. It's cyclical, I think. If I'm too tired or busy, I create less, which makes me feel more tired, which makes me too tired or busy.... It's a season, though. Enjoy the callas, and hope you find your energy again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Easter has me inspired, feeling better already:)

    ReplyDelete