Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our Easter and Bring On The Color!

Hope everyone had a splendid Easter Sunday!

Ours was very busy but sweet. After a special trip to Grammie and Grampie's Friday and Saturday, we were up early on Sunday, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (well, three of us were anyway:). Baskets were found and ransacked thoroughly before we got into our Easter best and headed to the firehouse to be with J.

When I got Minna in her little bunny shirt and fluffy skirt I realized that the poor girl ended up in mismatched, hand-me-down, boy jammies again, just like last year! I figure I have 12 months to get her some proper, matching jams for Easter pictures next April...

Back to the firehouse! There we had the best ham I have ever tasted and huge root-beer floats. (I am talkin' HUGE!) Then, with bellies full of soda and ice cream, the kids were set loose to explore, yet again, every nook and cranny of the place. Oh, the guys were such tolerant hosts.

In other news, I got back at the craft table and started some embroidery that required lots of cutting and ironing of a rainbow of fabrics. So very pleasing to the eye. Minna helped iron, as you can see. I enjoy prepping fabric and I especially enjoy when I can seamlessly balance "making time" with mommy-kid time. Usually, the making time has to wait but this weekend, the boys were content working by my side with their latest obsession-origami. It's amazing and I can't wait to share their masterpieces AND the origami portfolio idea that I have brewing in my head. Stay tuned...

Well, this has been a long one because I think I will be away from the computer for a few days, for good reason of course! Birthday parties, friends popping by, photo-shoots and maybe even a trip to the sea if I am really lucky, which I am.

So very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Honey,
    I had so much fun sharing your egg coloring! I think the picture of Minna looking up at Daddy is priceless!!
    You are excellent at capturing "moments"!!!

    ReplyDelete