Monday, September 21, 2009

Throughout The House.

How was your weekend? Ours was good! Beach and Grammie and Grampie, need I say more?

J is home and gets 4 whole days off! We all get so happy to see him after being away for several days at a time that we are just buzzing around with excitement. I just love that he gets his weekends in the middle of the week! It turns out we are adjusting to and even enjoying the new schedule.

So here is a little update and we gotta get back to our "weekend"...

Here are the little butterflies I stitched up weeks ago. The design is a Sublime Stitching transfer. I stitched 'em on some pretty fabric squares and up they went in their hoops on Minna's little wall. (She still just has a little nook in with us.) Someday I hope to hang them in her very own bedroom above her bed. I am going to appreciate the flowery yellow when the rain hits the windows.

Next up? It's a big one. 

My eyes fell upon this beauty and I instantly thought of the Christmas advent calendar my siblings and I fought over every year. It was a beautifully drawn doll-type house with lots of rooms and a cute little Santa that moved throughout the house 'til he reached the tree on December 25th. Clever huh? I am crazy enough to recreate the scene with fabric and thread so we can have our own advent calendar to fight over. 

I am tracing it carefully and while doing so, omitting some unneeded busy-ness and adding some details that personalize it for us. Of course it has to have 3 kids instead of 5! There will be some other neat little changes and as soon as I find a way to get the drawing onto the fabric and actually start the embroidery, I will share more. 

Like I said, it's a big one.

Have a great Monday! (Or weekend, whichever the case may be:)


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just discovered your blog and am so honored to know my stitching inspired such am amazing piece. It is a lovely, lovely idea, and I'm blown away by the detail. Gorgeous! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete