Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teeny Two Year Quilt.


I did something other than crochet!

I finished a little quilt!



It was two winters ago that I cut and started piecing this thing together.
I used scraps of what I had for the squares 
and bought some Kona Solids for the border and back.

The back isn't pictured but its a nice, dark grassy green.
(Don't remember any of the solids actual names.)


I arranged the squares and sewed them into strips 
and that's how they stayed, 
in a basket gathering dust until a month ago. 

Now they are a quilt!


I wanted to do a lot of hand embroidery on this 
but that didn't happen this time.

I was going to stitch in the ditch 
but the squares were so off and things were bunching. 

I abandoned that idea too and just tied it together.

I dig it.


They dig it.


And we all use it.
Mission accomplished. 

We can always use another lap blanket here.

Blankies in June.

Kids playing outside a 10:00pm.

Anything goes during our island Summers.

I dig it.




1 comment:

  1. I dig it, too. "Display-worthy" quilts are lovely, but I much prefer the made-for-function, slightly imperfect type. :)

    ReplyDelete