Friday, July 10, 2009

So I Am Sewing Again...

After the first-birthday-disaster-dress, see that here, I put away the sewing machine just to give it a break. 

I have been re-inspired by a super easy pair of shorts for my middle boy made from two bandanas. Sounds easy enough right? 

I got the idea and directions from Blue Yonder and you can get the hand drawn directions, or just peek at the irresistable art-work here. The little cartoons are one of the main reasons I wanted to do this project I think. Hey, no matter the reason, at least it got my machine out of hiding right?

So with the machine out,

and this little lady next to me biting on my shirt,
and this grumpy boy standing behind me on my chair,

I WAS ABLE TO SEW A PAIR OF REAL-LIFE WORKING SHORTS! 

It's a miracle.

Just to add to the excitement, I made a little skirt for Minna. Very pink and cute. I have an order in for my bigger boy in black. 

Comin' right up! So are pictures of the finished products...

No comments:

Post a Comment