Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wall Hanging Thing.

Here is that finished project and the embroidery I had mentioned earlier. My first bigger sewing project brought to completion in my new sewing nook, and in our new home for that matter.

I drew the design right on the fabric. It is not my own. I wish. I expanded on an idea from The Embroidery Companion. Love that book. I just did some black, stitched in a longish split stitch on some heavy weight cotton I found in the stash. I am trying to use what I have on the shelves as much as possible. I even started another quilt with bits and pieces from my messy fabric pile. That is for another time though.

For this guy, I sewed some strips alongside the embroidered piece and backed it with a pretty brown linen. The three topper fabrics were part of a bundle I bought from Sew Mama Sew, so I had help putting those together too. I am loving orange right now and that shows. I used the brown/grey because I thought it was a little manly. Best of both worlds and I hope Jeff doesn't hate looking at it.

I really hope he doesn't because here it is front and center in the living room. It almost ended up above our bed but I love it near Sully's sunset painting so much that it makes me jump up and down.

It is also next to my favorite painting by my very own sis-in-law that she gave us as a gift. A wall of family art! I need to hang it properly. I promise I will, somehow. I know thumb tacks are, well, tacky. I will do that tomorrow because I think it has found it's place.

Hanging anything new around yours?

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I like the combo of the stitching and the fabrics. Glad you're getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete