Saturday, January 2, 2010

No Bread To Be Had At Mid-night.

I wanted to start a new tradition on New Year's Eve.

The idea was to bake a yummy loaf of bread in the evening to be eaten after the clock strikes 12. Sounds easy enough.

I found a recipe that just had to be adjusted to include chocolate chips. I definitely thought something sweet would be just the ticket for long after dinner and with tea or something.

I mixed and kneaded and loved the excitement of peeking while the dough was rising.

All was good until it was in the oven and someone forgot to check on it now and again.

Burned New Year's Eve bread.

Bummer.

I didn't even bother to take a picture of it.

Depressing.

At first I deemed it a bad omen for the year to come but that is silly. I was just too busy nursing my girl and laughing with my boys as they tried so hard to stay awake.

Nothing bad can ever come from enjoying family moments so much that all else is forgotten.

Plus, there is always next year for New Year's Eve bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment