Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween, Part Two-Little Pink Riding Hood.

"Once upon a time...
there lived in a certain village, a little country girl,
the prettiest creature who was ever seen.

Her mother was excessively fond of her.
This good woman made a little pink riding hood for her.

It suited the girl so extremely well that everybody called her…
Little Pink Riding Hood."


This was so fun to make! Minna was supposed to have her little pink riding hood last year, but I didn't have my sewing machine, (or a house) in time to make her one. We remedied that this year. I am so pleased with how it all turned out and I know my girl will get lots of use out of each piece. The dress is a prairie type chemise. I am hoping she will sleep and play it long after Halloween. The cape is a good standard cape and the apron was just made on the fly. The dress and cape were inspired by two fun McCall's patterns.

Trick-or-treating tonight! Wonder if we will be snowed on?
Not gonna stop me, my zombies or my girl in pink.

Have safe and fun night!

3 comments:

  1. It is precious, Natalie! Hope you don't have snow - just lots of treats!

    xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, the whole thing. My daughter would love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Minna looks so absolutely amazing in PINK!
    Love from Grammie

    ReplyDelete