Monday, October 10, 2011

Our First Year In About Four Minutes.

Last year on this day exactly, we landed in Kodiak.

Whoa.

Here is a little movie with a year's worth of fun and adventure. Mostly my photos. A couple of Jeff's and a bit of video taken by Jeff too. If you only knew how obsessed I got about finding a good song to help tell our story, you would probably worry about my mental health. (It's "When U Love Somebody" by the Fruit Bats.) Even now that all is rendered and compressed, I still have reservations about the song because it says the word "blood" in it so many times. It also says "love" a lot so I figured it all worked out in the end. I am sure you wouldn't have really noticed if I didn't say anything about the blood part. All part of being kind of obsessed.


So! Without further crazy-lady talk...

here is year one.


Now onto living year two.

Have a great Monday!


5 comments:

  1. Has it really been a year already? Wow! What an adventure you've been on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Natalie, that was beautiful...and the gift of their story will be priceless to them...and all of us, thank you, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to move.

    Her little white skates. Sigh.

    Thank you for sharing such lovely memories - and only you could have me searching my library for the Fruit Bats! And I found them on a cd entitled, Youth in Revolt. Thank you, Natalie. So happy to have met you through this computer! ;)

    xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adventure for sure! One year has just flown by! I wish the video quality was a little better, I am obviously more suited for stills. ;) Thanks for reading guys! And Michele, let me know how the rest of the Fruit Bats work is. Jeff found this song for me and I don't know them well. ( I almost used Avett's "At The Beach". Came so close!) Have a great week everybody!

    ReplyDelete