Monday, April 2, 2012

Color Project Round-Up.

Happy Monday! Good weekend? Us too.


The past two weeks have been project heavy out here. I haven't been picking up my camera as much, and making it to the computer even less. So here are a few of the things we have been up to...

Extreme finger painting.

Painting cans that I take out of the recycle bin at work.

We have also slapped some paper mache on them.
Minna did hers all by herself, start to finish.

She didn't need me, so I made a bowl.
You can always use a newspaper bowl somewhere.
I threw some yarn in it.

(Those cans turned out so funny because we cut up an Athleta catalog for some of our paper strips. We had bikini tops and legs and bums pop up in the strips we cut. Very entertaining with 10 and 7 year old boys. Probably stick to regular newspaper next time. They still giggle about it. Sheesh.)

Speaking of yarn, I copied a rainbow hat as close as I could with colors I already had. (How do I not have any purple yarn on hand?) Anyway, it worked up quick and I will show you tomorrow.

I am into using iBooks on my iPad for patterns. Super handy. It would be neat if there was an app for knit/crochet patterns where you could check off each row as you go. Maybe there is? It really would be neat. I would use it.

What colorful things have you folks been up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment