Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Whirl Around The Yard.

We were outside all day.

Here is some of what's going on out here.
(I do other things besides chicken things.)


I weeded and cleared dry leaves 
and brush from our bed by the front door.
Green poking out!


I was lured into photographing this bush off the deck.
I was asked today what it was.

I don't know.

I do know that I can not capture the red on camera, 
that I see with my eyes in real life.
Next time I see the gal that planted 
and nurtured this pretty thing 
for years before I inherited it, I will ask..

Til then, any ideas?
(It isn't a berry.)


We have wood. 
So. Much. Wood.
And saw dust.
Everywhere.

I do enjoy watching Jeff chop it though.

And we will have plenty of wood come fall for our stove.
We are trying to rid ourselves of the 
fuel oil system we have for heating.

That will be awesome.


We raked and cleared a path to our raised beds. 
Made the kids help line it with river rocks.
I love that look.
The coop is rocked too.

There is a lot of work to do in there 
but I am super motivated.
It's fun to do yard stuff with the family.
Minna had her work gloves on today. 
She dug right in!


And Hazel.
Just plain, ole constant cute.

Starting to shape up out here!


What's your yard doing?


No comments:

Post a Comment